The Lord Of The Rings

 


   
The Lord of the Rings

The Fellowship of the Ring                                    By: J.R.R Tolkien 

            21 July 2020
  • "Three rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, 
  • Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
  • Nine for mortal men doomed to die,
  • One for the dark lord on his dark throne
  •  In the land of Mordor where shadows lie.
  •  One ring to rule them all, One ring to find them,
  •  One ring to bring them all and in darkness bind them
  •  In the land of Mordor where shadows lie."
The Lord of the Rings is a world famous book, about Frodo Baggins the hobbit, on the quest to destroy the one and most powerful ring of middle earth, in mount doom, in Mordor. The dark lord Sauron, yearns the ring and his eye is keeping watch for it, sending out evil creatures out to kill the ring bearer on his journey. Frodo is joined by 8 other people of all species; Sam, Merry, and Pippin, (his hobbit friends), Boromir and Aragorn (mortal man), Legolas, (an elf and my FAVORITE), Gandalf the wizard, and Gimli the dwarf. Along the journey, they get help on their quest all around the place, from The Council of Elrond (the elf king), to the mirror of Galadriel. This book has the awards of:
  • International fantasy award (1957
  • Hugo award for Best all-time series (1966
  • Kids choice award for favorite books (2004
  • Prometheus Hall of fame award (2009
Inspiring People: 30 Facts about J.R.R. TolkienThe author, John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, was born on 3rd January, in1892, in Bloemfontein, Orange Free State, South Africa, and by the time he was four, he could read and write fluently. He goes to Switzerland a lot and the landscapes inspire him a surprising amount, like in another book of his, The Hobbit. (when they reach the misty mountains). In 1916, he married  Edith Mary Bratt. Tolkien has four kids: John Francis, Michael Hilary, Christopher John, and Priscilla Mary Anne. Christopher Tolkien published all his creations after his fathers death.

The age rating for the Lord Of The Ring, depending on the person, is about ten to thirteen years old, and adults will read it easily though the story itself will be greatly enjoyed by all.

I recommend this series because I love everything in it! I really enjoy how the characters emotion and action are all different, and that there are many very important messages transmitted, that I will let you figure out. I love the amount of Imagination Tolkien put in, I can't think of anyone that is more creative than him!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did!
Petra

                                                                                                                        

Comments